<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004


Last night's on-call pages disappeared after 9:30pm.  But, not knowing that such would be the case, I went to the student room with the intention of "resting my eyes" for a short bit until the pager went off again.  Periodically, I would wake up, check the clock, and fall back asleep on the day bed in the student room; the pager remained silent.  This process continued until 12:15am, when I got up and walked down to the mailroom to leave a note that I needed to get to another chaplain and pass off the pager to Tat, the next chaplain on call.  Because of those several hours of rest, I woke up this morning at about 9am, fully rested and feeling good.  The morning was spent reading over a pot of coffee, followed by a vido game.  The afternoon was taken up by an episode of Six Feet Under, the HBO series I really enjoy whose second season has recently been released on DVD.  (I'm quite excited by this, by the way; it's a great show.)  Then, I shot some Nazi's and read some more.  Jeff and I went out to supper at Joy Yee's Noodles on Davis Street - very good, very much a lot of food (hooray leftovers!).  Myra and her friend Sarah decided to go for a nap downtown and could not join us for dinner.  But, this was all the well because after supper Jeff and I went for a few rounds in the local batting cages (embarassing ourselves in the baseball cage before returning to the softball cage) and then a full round of putt-putt.  I took along Mason's groomsman present to me to add a bit of flavor to the evening and take the chill off.  Both Jeff and I enjoyed that quite a bit, and it may have proved to be beneficial to our golf game.  It felt good t be lazy and silly today.  I've been entirely too serious of late and needed a bit of tomfoolery to take the edge off things.  Now, I am going to shower and hit the sack, rejoicing in the day and anticipating the next.
 
-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?