<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004


Well, Here Goes Nothing

Tomorrow morning, 8 AM, I begin my summer CPE appointment at Lutheran General Hospital. I am anxious, but not too nervous about tomorrow. It is, after all, just the first day and we will be getting oriented and learning the ropes. The tough stuff will come later; perhaps even as early as later this week. I go with the knowledge that the grace of God will always be present to help me carry on in hard times and that, like Moses and Aaron, I will only be the mouthpiece of the Almighty, whose Son knows both suffering and paradise like no other. There is comfort is that. There always has been, for me.

On another note, as aforementioned, tonight was Rev. Jackie Schmitt's last night to celebrate the Eucharist as Chaplain of the Northwestern Canterbury Community. It was a wonderful service with glorious music, an excellent sermon, and senior student reflections during some of which the emotion and sentiment of what Canterbury and Jackie has meant to them was palpable. I will see her later this summer to get prepared for helping out the Assistant Chaplain with the New Student Week and "Common Fire" activities. But still, it was a moment filled with genuineness of feeling. All you had to do to see that was look around the Chapel. It was also a night of leavetakings - leavetakings for the summer and some more semi-permanent for those graduating. People whom I have grown to know and call friends go their separate ways. To you I say may your journies be ever green and golden and may gentle winds blow at your back until you once again come 'round to our doorstep. Until next time, I wish you peace.

For now, I will go and drift off into that land of blissful sleep, for the umpteenth time, only to rise in the morning for a new beginning.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?