<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 27, 2004


Weekend of Fun

The Huddlestons are here!! All of them! They came up for a visit with their younger son, who goes to university at De Paul. Hudd (otherwise known as Scott) is a fraternity brother of mine, my sophomore year roomie, and just a great friend. I am so excited they are here for a visit. Last night they invited me out to supper with them at Gino's East Pizza, which was sooooo good! Then we went out to Navy Pier (the obligatory tourist stop) to watch the fireworks. Myra joined us, which was nice, and we hung around on the end of the pier for the show. It was fannn-tastic! I love things that go boom with pretty lights!

Today was church and then the gym. Then, I watched a really interesting movie over lunch. It was called Kandahar and was about an Afghani-Canadian woman who returns to the land of her birth to rescue her sister. It was quite the story, with a lot of hard scenes in it about life in Afghanistan. After that, I worked on my second verbatim, and then went over to Myra's for a burger cookout with her sister, the other Ryan, and several of her friends. It was lots of fun, with good food (homemade potato salad, guacamole, and cherry pie!!). Now, I am going to pay a few bills and go to bed, because I am exhausted. This is becoming a permanent state of being for me...hmmm...


-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?