<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 20, 2004


Teach Me Some Melodius Sonnet

We sang #686 ("Teach Me Some Melodius Sonnet") in church this morning and I loved it! It is one of my favorite hymns and has been ever since I first heard it sung by Andy Griffith (strange, I know, but he's got a knack for good ole Gospel songs).

Last night was wonderful. Myra and I cooked some beef stew and, much to my delight and surprise, she had baked a strawberry rhubarb pie! Convienently, she forgot to take the leftovers home with her, so I have a lot of good pie to eat! After pie, we headed out to the Green Mill, which was a lot of fun, but I wore out early. The music was great, as usual there, and the pianist for the band was a gentleman who used to be the musical director for Miles Davis. No small resume there! CPE is keeping me pretty tired, which is why I was exhausted early, so I took her home and then crashed.

Today, as I mentioned, I went to church at St. Augustine's up in Wilmette. Then I indoctrinated Myra into the glories of the Lord of the Rings, as we watched the first movie. Oh my goodness, it is so good! Though not a big fan of the Nazgul, she claims to have enjoyed the movie and is wondering what is going to happen to the characters.

Tonight I called my Dad for Father's Day and we talked for a little while. Yesterday, he and Trev went down to Everglades City and went on a fishing trip. They had a pretty successful day, landing a 27 inch snook and a 6 foot blacktip shark, among a few other good fish. They could have had 2 different 40 inch snook as well as about a 100 pound tarpon, but they lost those particular fish! Sounds like it was a good day and I'm sorry to have missed it. Oh, for the smell of the salt sea again!

Dad was out on Sanibel when I called him. My uncle Al and his family have a timeshare out there and I am sad to have missed it this year as it is always a lot of fun. Card games, swimming, good food, and good talk always abound. But, I did get to talk to Al (wishing him happy Father's Day as well) and Sarah (my little cousin) for a little bit, so that was good. I imagine Aunt Patty was somewhere reading a book, as she goes through about two a day when at Sanibel. She and I usually pass off a few to each other, but I've missed that for this year. Here's to Father's everywhere!

After that conversation, I sat down and wrote out half of my first CPE verbatim (account of a pastoral visit with reflection) and will finish it tomorrow for presentation on Tuesday. Oh no! I just remembered! I have to do the devotions for this week at CPE - so, I'm done with this posting now.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?