<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 19, 2004


Ah...the Weekend

Friday was a pretty light day at CPE - we didn't have any clinical time at all (though I made a little for myself) and spent the majority of the day in group sessions. My group finished up discussing our learning goals and some overzealous persons had already revised theirs. The afternoon was spent in a bowl of popcorn. Well, not literally, but close. We roleplayed some scenarios that may come up, which was a good exercise because some of the scenes were not ones I had considered before. Of course, the one I got was about a miscarriage - the whole group saw divine providence in this and I was laughed at by a nun. Isn't that against their vows? No worries - the Sister and I are becoming friends (we have a lot of the same theology) and her laughter was welcomed. Right after lunch, I stole away to go and visit my patient from yesterday. She is doing ok, though they're gonna keep her in the hospital for a few days. Her fiance was there and had brought her real lunch rather than hospital jello. It was good to see him up and moving around and it was nice to spend some time and some laughs with them. (They don't necessarily know it yet, but they're going to be pretty financially set I imagine. 3 car accident and they were trapped in the middle, the only car not ticketed and the only car that did nothing wrong. I smell an easy lawsuit...)

I took it pretty easy last night, enjoying a pot pie for supper and relaxing with a silly movie after that - Once Upon A Time in Mexico. Desperado is much better, and also involves much more Salma Hayek. Then, around 10:30, I was reading my novel and recognized that I had long since dropped the book on the floor and may have woken myself up snoring. Yep, time to turn out the light and get to bed. CPE is turning me into an old man! Honestly, who ever heard of going to bed at 10:30 on a Friday night! I intend to reverse this process tonight. I'm cooking dinner for Myra and I and then hope to convince her to go out to the Green Mill jazz club with me. Hopefully, I can get Jeff and a few others out too, so we can hang out. Siobhan is in town this weekend so a bunch of the seminary crowd is gonna try to do some lunch so we can all catch up. But, before all that, I really need to go to the gym - this summer is going to be a light gym summer, but I need to go when I can to keep in shape, so when the school year rolls around again, I can get right back into it hard and heavy, like normal.

-R

1 Comments:

G'day Blogger
I seem to have found this post while searching for things on cooking artichokes . I can see why, although I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?