<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004


Visitors from Beyond

Beyond Chicago, that is. My dear friend Katie (whom I have known since birth, but we only agreed to like each other somewhere between 6th and 8th grade) flew in last night for a visit. She works for Delta now and can pretty much fly wherever, whenever, at a 100% discounted rate. Her boyfriend Adam has been accepted to both the University of Chicago and Emory University's combined M.D./Ph.D. programs and is trying to decide between them. So, they are wining and dining him tonight and Katie came up to join him, but thought we could visit a day ahead of when Adam got here. It was excellent to see her once again and spend some time catching up - it's been almost a year since we graduated Wake together and saw each other last. She even came out to softball practice today and did excellent! (Of course she would though, as she played on my co-ed teams at Wake! She's a veteran!) At practice, I pitched a little and Mitch hit a hard one back at me, to which I had no time to react other than draw my leg up across more important areas. But I have a pretty good bruise and walking is uncomfortable now. So, I feel somewhat like the recipient of a just punishment (see blog about my injuring one of the players) and will bear my pain in silence past this point. I just got back from taking her down to Regent's Park, where the U of C is putting Adam and her up for the night. Very, very, very ritzy!!! You can tell they want him pretty bad there. It was good to see Adam again as well (another Wake grad and friend). The drive down and back along the lake was gorgeous and the weather really shaped up today to be pretty. Green is once again a dominant color along my street and it makes me very happy. Tomorrow, I am going to a church where the current director of children's ministries is getting ready to leave (graduating Seabury) and he wants me to look at the position. It seems like a pretty sweet deal, but I'm waiting to see if I feel called to the job and am cut out for that type of work. Then, on Monday, reading week begins!! Yay!!! No classes!! Though this time, it should be called "Research and Writing Week" in my case. But, it will still be a much needed break from it all.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?