<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 14, 2004


Reading Week is Almost Over

but, I'm about on track as far as my work goes. The writing steadily continues day by day as I whittle the papers (and pseudo-papers) down. Yesterday was a break day for me, (even though I did just as much work as any other day this week) because I went out in the morning with some friends to see Van Helsing, fully aware that it was going to be a bad movie. It was so bad, it was funny - we chuckled and commented our way through most of it. The actions sequences were fun though and reminded one of old school Godzilla vs. Mothra type movies. Van Helsing's character actually wielded a rapid fire machine crossbow, which is pretty awesome. I should like one of those. The three vampire chics were really ugly when flying around, but when they transformed back into their humanoid forms, they were really hot! Dracula looked a little silly, a little too much like a Don Juan rather than the King of the Undead, but hey, I guess they had to balance out the hotness of the women in the movie with a few guy actors the ladies would find appealing. All in all - wait for it to come out on video to rent, but it makes for an entertaining time.

Then, last night, I went to Commuity Eucharist and Supper with the Seabury folks. I particularly enjoy these evenings, but last night we sang some songs which I found hard to follow. After supper, I joined three of my seminary friends and we traveled down into the city to go listen to AngloBaptist's Irish band. It was loads of fun, and the best part was the heavy, fake Irish accents the three band members employed while on stage! The Irish dancing by another seminary friend was also excellent. It was good quality time with some people I normally only see in the context of school, so that was fun. Fortunately or unfortunately (whatever the case may be) these three, at least, have discovered my joy and propensity for story-telling. I think it was Mason who once said to me, "Whitley, do you think God gives people who are great story-tellers wild adventures, or do you think that God gives people who have wild adventures the ability to tell a great story?" Either way, Fox, it works out for me! Case in point - when I worked at the bank we were robbed one afternoon. (Yes, there was a gun involved.) Upon my return home, I related the story to my mother and she LAUGHED at me! Yes, that's right, I had a traumatic experience that could have gone bad, and she LAUGHS at me! Her excuse was that obviously I was ok, and that things like that always seem to happen to me! Oh well, at least it makes a good story. :)

Now, at the risk of pulling a Bush, I think I am going to declare my official victory over the Red-breast that has been plaguing me. Yes folks, it's V-RB Day! The creature has not returned in several days to attempt the rebuilding of its nest and I think I can now sleep through the night not having to wonder if it is out there, covertly building away as I dream, anymore. Phew...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?