<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 24, 2004


Meteorology

The following is an amusing rant on an event which caused me neither offense nor injury.

So, at Canterbury Supper tonight we somehow got on the topic of weather phenomena generally and hail specifically. I don't know how this happened. I joined in the conversation by bringing up the hail storm we had on Friday morning. This was met with disbelief, questioning glances, and outright rejection. However, I assure you, it happened. We were sitting in Pastoral Care class and hail began to strike the window, much to our amazement. Mitch jumped up hurriedly and inquired, "Is that hail?" I, sitting next to the open window, responded in the affirmative as I shut the window and Mitch tore out of the room, perhaps to go close his own windows. Again, I promise you, on Friday morning, we had hail. If I was going to make up a meteorological event, it darn sure would be something more interesting than hail! Perhaps, slightly in the same vein, a comet striking the earth...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?