<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004


Meeting a Success

My meeting last night with the individual who works at the Israeli Consulate was a success. She was a very cool person who asked a lot of really good questions and provided a lot of really good information. I was able to learn quite a bit, I think, from this meeting and look forward to the continued conversation. Much to my surprise, I discovered that her vocation is also to the ministry and she will be beginning rabbinical school in the next two years. As her program is six years long, she expressed jealousy over my three year program, but I consoled her by telling her it was ok, she would just be smarter than all of us by the end. She quipped back, "Just because I can read and write Aramaic..." Yes, actually, just because. She decided I did not get to see enough of Israel while I was there, which is very true, and has said that the next time I go back to let her know and she'll set me up with a number of friends she has who can serve as excellent guides to the less touristy areas. All in all, though we disagreed on a number of things, it was a good conversation and a great way to open up a new line of communication.

Now, for a brief public apology. I am a bad person. I inadvertantly visited the Evanston establishment known as "The Keg", not knowing it was only for gross people. I will never do this again. I also "stole" a movie ticket.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?