<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004


By way of response -

Are we at a masquerade ball of a sudden? If those of you who commented clandestinely to my posting about my inquiries into what’s going on at Seabury were in Trevor's Ethics class this afternoon (and even if you weren't), I would encourage you to heed his words well about getting used to speaking publicly and being a public voice. To respond to my friend "fellow classmate" - getting all the facts before making any decisions is exactly what I am doing. With regard to the source of my information - it comes from all over. My friend that was here earlier this year as a prospective eventually decided to go to another seminary because this seminary was not in a financial position to offer him the aid he would need. That was the deciding factor. This and other things lead me to believe there is a financial problem at the school. I have not heard disagreement. And of course change is inevitable during our tenure here - but 50% of the faculty leaving at one time is hardly what I would call "inevitable". As far as my sources for that, you have them too. Ruth’s email yesterday was extremely helpful and I thanked her for sending it, but why didn’t it come out three months ago? Plus I've talked with several people who are reluctant to share their sources with me! So, why all the secrets? I wanna know. I think the best way to describe how I am feeling, and I hesitate to use this word because of its strength, is a sense of betrayal. Finally, I also believe that I must share in getting the education I desire. But I can't tell a Ph.D program down the road, if I go that route, that even though the institution I attended didn't rank all that high, I made up for it on my own. Yeah...right, they'd say, even if it was the truth. I'm not looking for a smoking gun, but neither am I looking through rose-colored glasses.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?