<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 16, 2004


Busy, Busy Weekend

On top of all the school work I've been working on over the week and weekend, I've done a lot of fun stuff too! Friday night I managed to get down to Lincoln Park and visit with Jeff and Julia for a while. We drank Irish Coffee and watched Pieces of April, an excellent, excellent movie about a young lady on her own for the first time and worrying about, at the same time she is trying to forget, her dysfunctional family. It had a surprising ending, but one with which I was pleased. My predictions did not come true and I was also pleased my that as they were somewhat darker than the reality.

Saturday was a day full of softball! Seminary softball practice in the morning and a pickup game in the afternoon. Because hardly ANYONE showed up to practice, the five of us who did decided to head down to the batting cages and practice our swings. That was a lot of fun, but after fifty or so swings you being to tire! Then Frank asked if I wanted to play in a pickup game with him and a bunch of other guys. I quickly assented. These guys, apparently, have been playing this same pickup game every Saturday afternoon since high school, which was some 30 years ago. I was very impressed - they all seemed to like each other and despite the filthy banter, to genuinely get along. It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't play overly well (as I was tired from the batting cages!) and I hope to go back next week.

Today, I continue my writing. I am further along in my Ethics project than I suspected. My research probe is finished save for the last bit where we have to pretend we are actually going to start writing a paper. I just banged out two different responses for History class - one on the movie we watched and my second individual response paper. I still need to answer my Luther questions for tomorrow and work on Quiz 4. Tonight is Church and Supper at Canterbury and I always look forward to that. I've begun to feel like one of the gang there and it is a good feeling. And then, of course, it will be time for Tony and Bullock. The seasons are winding down now which means loads of excitement and suspenseful cliffhangers!

-R

P.S. As a side note: I simply do not want Red-breast nesting on my lamp post. The nest obscures the lamp and makes quite the mess on my stoop. This is why I removed it, twice. I have nothing against Robin Red-breasts in general and will not be beginning a campaign against them, preemptive or otherwise. To those of you who are concerned, I will not be shooting anything. I don't currently own a gun nor do I ever intend to own a gun. That is a part of my Southern heritage I do not claim. Fishing rods, on the other hand, are a whole other story..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?