<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004


Another Day, Another Wedding

So, amidst the hectic pace and generally stressful time of final exams, term papers, final projects, and the like, I am taking off for a long weekend. Seems reasonable right? Actually, this trip has been planned since before I came to seminary and is very important - my fraternal little brother's wedding. I am diligently working away on all my myriad tasks so that I won't be swamped when I get back. Today, I accomplished quite a bit, knocking out over half of my outstanding assignments. Now, I have to pack and arrange for a cab. The wedding will be wonderful. Tomorrow night, following a cookout, the wedding party and guests (read: fraternity brothers) will be partying down the Potomac on a private party cruise!! I am definitely taking my camera for that one! Then, Friday will be all the standard day-before-the-wedding stuff; after three in the past year, I'm getting pretty good at this! Saturday is the glorious day, of course, and on Sunday I return....to papers. Ugh! But, such is life.

Now, much to Hudd's chagrin, I found out today that I "won" a really cool thing!!! (He gets mad at me because he thinks I am always winning prizes, raffles, shrimp, etc.) Essentially, I've got a free pass to a fancy dinner theater in town for me and nine of my friends! It includes dinner, the show, a champagne toast, dessert, and dancing with the cast. Guess I better brush up on my waltz! Or...really...learn to waltz in the first place. Anyway, how cool is that!!!??!!

And now, for a serious confession. I have not been observing one of God's laws and for this and my other manifold sins, I heartily repent. I have not been eating dinner at 6 o' clock sharp everyday. I have languished into sin so far as to dine at 6:23, 6:37, 5:52, 6:03, and even 7:08. Forgive me Lord, forgive me in thy mercy. Once tis term is over, I am turning over a new leaf, and dinner will once again be promptly at 6pm. But for now, I am ashamed; horrified and ashamed. I wonder if the dinner theater is at 6pm...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?