<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16, 2004


Ramallah

I don't have much time to write tonight, so I will just give a few highlights.

Traveled by bus to Ramallah today. Stopped and had our passports checked at one checkpoint. Lots of guns. Saw a bit of "the wall". Spent the day at the "Friend's Boy's School" in Ramallah for our conference sessions. Was treated to a magnificent, wonderfully charming, fun, and entertaining dance program done by Bar'ai, the premiere Palestinian Youth Dance Group. Wow, they were good. Then traveled to Arafat's Ramallah compound and did, in fact, get to hear him speak, as well as Dr. Hanahn Ashwahari Hanan Ashrawi. Lots of guns. Shook Arafat's hand and had my picture taken doing so. Witnessed the destruction to the compound done by the tanks and talked with several of the PA. We rode on the bus back to Jerusalem and were stopped at two checkpoints. Lots of guns. Never got to meet David - our times just didn't meet and the conflict is to blame - so, I've now experienced some of the irritation, however minor, this tragedy of injustice and hatred propagates. Maybe another time. To those of you who have sent me email, know I have received them, but cannot take time to respond to them all. Many, many stories upon my return. Tomorrow we have some field trips to Haram al'Sharif, Abu Dis, and one other place I cannot remember right now. Salam!

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?