<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004


The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...

This morning I woke up early, somewhat reluctantly after a fine evening last night, out on the town with the gang. I say reluctantly, because I wanted to sleep longer, but I had a pressing engagement - the first softball practice of the year!!! I love it! I was so excited to get out there and throw some balls around, maybe smack a few getting my swing back. It was great fun. And, God couldn't have given us a more pleasant day in which to do it. Sun shining, cool, but not cold and warming up on towards noon. It was gorgeous. The team looks...well, it looks about like the other co-rec teams I've played on. A mix of players at about every skill level. But, it will be fun nonetheless and hopefully I can help teach and interest others in the game.

And then, the Lord taketh away as well. I received a message from a fraternity brother of mine that a disaster has happened on campus at Wake. Several hours before the second night of the musical, "Into the Woods", (tonight), the set caught fire and completely burned down, doing, I imagine, lots of damage to the main stage. I'm waiting for a call tonight for an update on the extent of the damage, but luckily, no one was injured. Fire trucks arrived swiftly to put out the blaze, but not before it had consumed the whole set. I can only guess that the cause was electrical. I am thankful that no one was hurt or worse, but I am still very sad about the stage. As some of you know, that place was pretty important to me over the years. Well, now I need to go and continue work on my research probe for NT II. Doesn't that sound like an awful title for a project? Sounds more like a medical procedure really...not an investigation of a Gospel.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?