<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004


Holy Saturday Thoughts

The service began today at 11am. I had never been to a Holy Saturday service before and so found it refreshing. Essentially, it consisted of a few readings, a psalm and anthem beautifully performed by the choir, and a reflective meditation/homily by the Rev. Meredith Potter. That reflection was masterfully done and well crafted. It was recited in the form of four first person narrative accounts, I'm assuming of women, who were present during the crucifixion and subsequent entombment of our Lord.

After the service I enlisted several people to go to lunch. We dined at Clarke's, a fun little 50's style diner in downtown Evanston. Following that we had our second softball practice which was wonderful. People showed more confidence in themselves which was reflected by a higher number of catches and a lower number of ducking and running maneuvers. Batting was ok. We need to keep the ball on the ground and away from anyone who has a decent glove, which, in this NU IM league, will be mostly all the infield. The first game is Monday, which I was regretably miss due to my impending trip. I am sorry I cannot be ther for the first game and feel like I am letting my team down a little bit. After all, I was the one who organized the team and got them fired up, and now I have to say that I apologize, but I'll be out of the country for the first game.

This evening, after supper, I had a few teammates over for drinks and a movie. We watched Rules of Engagement, which is a good flick, but perhaps not the best choice for me right before I head to the Middle East. Oh well, it was just a movie. Now, I need to go to bed. The Easter Vigil service at Seabury begins at 5:45am...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?