<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004


Two Sidenotes to Previous

1) After talking with my mother I came to another realization. She asked, "How come this cab driver was so smart and still driving a cab?" In reply, I have concluded that I should just assume a cab driver who was not born in this country has as much if not more education as I. The cab driver mentioned yesterday had an undergraduate degree in criminal law and a masters degree in history. If the driver is American, well then, its anybody's guess, but my assumption would be not a high level of education. Why cannot these folks from other lands, educated as they are, find jobs here? Oftentimes licenses don't transfer, or there is a lack of language proficiency, or just plain xenophobia. Thoughts?

2) After talking with Cliff about my post, I should like 12 hours of my life back, spent in the Gospel Mission class on the topic of racism, to be replaced by the conversation mentioned below. It was the living, breathing, real deal, not some theoretical mumbo-jumbo "-ism".

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?