<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 01, 2004


Happy to Report...

In the words of Ernest Hemingway's famous short chapter, "It rained." This is good because if it rained, it did not snow. Contrary to what Mr. Beal would have us think, it does not snow everyday in the "greater Evanton" area (which, incidentally, is reachable by car as it is not on an island). Is warm(er) weather on the way? I doubt it, going by what the natives are cautioning. It was humorous that we received a "Severe Thunderstorm" warning on the radio about 3:15 today - it lightly rained and I heard maybe two cracks of thunder, though they were more like whimpers of thunder. You folks in the midwest can have your snow and even your wind, but we Floridians have the market cornered on rain, severe thunderstorms and lightning.

Also, I've finally broken out of my weightlifting rut that I mentioned a while back. On the bench, I put up a good final set of 165 lb. today and will improve next week. Shoulders continue to impress me - a solid final set of 120 lb. deltoid presses.

Now, off to write another book report, though this one cosiderably shorter, on Thich Nhat Hanh's Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?