<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004


Beware the Unemployed Theologians

When doing my reading for my Church History II class, I came across a most humorous anecdotal story. The author of the article was traveling in Athens, Greece a while back and was stuck in her cab in a traffic jam. When she inquired as to the cause of the holdup, her cab driver responded that unemployed theologians were rioting and blockading the streets! I don't know about you, but perhaps America is ripe for a similar revolution.

(I make light of this because I found it hysterical. However, I am sure to those involved, it was quite serious. What must such a riot look like? Full of slanderous sayings, no doubt. I can picture it now and it looks a lot like the Episcopal church today: "Who you calling a homo-? Homoi- bastards!" [lobs heavy object in direction of offending theologian])

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?