<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 14, 2004


Saturday Mornings

There is something about Saturday mornings, maybe its in the atmosphere, that makes me want to have a large breakfast and relax. If I get up early enough, as I did this morning, I will generally fix some eggs or bake some muffins. As it happens, this morning I was feeling particularly energized and particularly hungry, so I baked muffins and scrambled some eggs. Mmm...cinnamon swirl muffins...mmm. Coffee, of course, goes without saying. After breakfast, I love sitting down for a good hour or so in the Great Orange Throne of Victory and reading my novel. After which, I will read a chapter or two out of some intellectual or academic work that was not assigned by the seminary and usually has nothing to do with seminary type learning. Generally, it is some type of history, political or religious, that feeds my curiosity. I read these types of books slowly, only getting in a chapter or two a week, simply because of the amount of reading I do for school. By way of clarification: When I say "read", I mean I pick up the book, and read it chapter by chapter, line by line, word by word, until I come to the end. Then I put it down and get another one. If it is a novel, I read the Prologue. If it is an academic work, I read the Preface and the Author's Introduction. Start to finish. That is what I mean when I say "read", in the context of "having read X". To conclude this posting, I would like to leave you with a short poem, not composed by me (I actually have no idea who wrote it) that I found on my friend John Brewington's AIM "away message". I've liked it since I saw it, and now it seems pertinent.

"Wake up early
Making coffee
Making plans to change the world
While the world
Slowly changes us..."

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?