<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004


Almost there!

My letter writing is paying off, slowly but surely. I almost have enough to go on my trip to the Sabeel Conference and am getting excited!

Spoke with Pierre today and he seems to be doing ok, as ok as can be expected. It is good to hear his voice and it is good to know he is surrounded by loved ones and family members. I wish I could be there brother.

On top of that, there are several things going on right now that I don't really feel like writing about, but are adding up to increase my frustration level. Beal and Hudd are right - I do need to have some fun. And luckily for me, I have been and will continue to do so. Last night I went out with Caroline at her request to see a documentary film called The Fog of War. It was an excellent documentary (and the venue was gorgeous!) about Robert S. McNamara, Secretary of Defense through the Cuban Missile Crisis and part of the Vietnam War. While my love is history, my knowledge of American History is woefully inadequate, so it was a very good experience for me. I knew a little bit about "Mac the Knife", but it was good to hear his side of the story and how he feels about things so many years afterwards. And it was lots of fun hanging out with Caroline, which we intend to do again over the weekend for another movie night. This time though, it will be Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, one of my favorite movies and one which she has not yet seen but has been anxious to see. I am excited! Hooray for fun! Boo for the suckiness that has been this week, except for last night's diversion...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?