<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 15, 2004


Looking Forward to Class

I am greatly looking forward to Spirituality for Ministry class today. As an assignment, each group member read an article on Anglicanism and another article, of their choosing, on a particular form of Christian spirituality. We'll receive each others reports and discuss them. The topics are Feminist theology (not the most exciting), black spirituality (definitely pretty exciting), and Zen Christianity (very exciting). My report will be on the Zen article, which I found fascinating. I already knew a bit about these spiritual practices and have even practiced some of them upon occasion. I think that of all the articles, this one will mystify the other members of my group the most, probably because it will be the most unfamiliar, but who knows. I look forward to introducing them to the topic if they already don't know about and I look even more forward to introducing them to their first koan, a zen practice of meditating on an illogical and unanswerable question. Also, I will get the opportunity to talk more about the Caux Scholars Program, about which I told them a little bit last class. I brought in the CSP brochure and the picture of my CSP class to share, and hopefully I'll spark some interest in this wonderful program for them. Heck, maybe someone will even want to apply! If any of my Caux friends happen to read this, and I don't know how you would know about it, I love and miss you all! Salam! Ahh...Caux...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?