<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 04, 2004


Gone the sun...

...and the holidays. I am back in Chicago where I was greeted with a light snow, though tonight and tomorrow morning it is supposed to pick up. Tomorrow there is a special Eucharist at Seabury for those prepping for the start of GOE's on Monday. GOE's are the General Ordination Exams required before one can be ordained to the priesthood. They test a variety of things including knowledge of church history, pastoral care aptitude, liturgical know-how and the like. Though, if AKMA has his way, I won't have to take them when it comes my turn to graduate. Some feel the GOE's are pointless for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being bishops overriding failing scores and ordaining clerics anyway.

Classes begin anew on Monday, and, like any good student, I have no idea when they are, or what room they are in. I suppose I'll just show up for Morning Prayer, as per my usual, and follow those people that look vaguely familiar. Am I ready for another term at Seabury? Who knows, but I'll keep you posted.

Hung out with Jives tonight - we ate dinner at the Noodle restaurant in downtown Evanston before catching Big Fish, Tim Burton's new film. It was really good, but very bizarre. Could we expect anything less from Burton though? Screaming postmodern, it is the tale of a tall-tale teller and his son, who realizes that not all tall-tales are as tall as they originally seem, but that it is in their telling that they become truly alive. But it was not all postmodern, as I was reminded of Edmund Spenser's poem, One day I wrote her name upon the strand... and thought the film encapsulated the message behind it. Check it out for yourself and enjoy! Now I am off to bed...ah...warm, warm bed...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?