<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 06, 2004


Curses.h

Damn! I just had a really good post, a long one too, all typed up and when I tried to publish it, blogger had a coniption and it was all lost. Sorry Beal, it was all in reference to what we discussed earlier today and I ended up agreeing with you, though I think we began on separate premises. Give me a call and we can talk it over. Anyway, since that bit of poorness has happened I'll leave you all with something I wrote a while ago in lieu of that which was surely brilliant:

Chamber Door

Courtroom stands in silence awed, with the judge
Upon His mighty and glorious throne.
Lonely defendant stands, guilty as charged,
As the gavel swings down, wrathful in tone.
Demons of the past come to watch and laugh
When the sweat, blood, and tears begin to flow.
The Kingly Judge rises up, sin’s wages
In hand, when there’s a cry from the last row.
A humble man, no’bly dressed in bloody cloth,
Speaks with tear filled eyes and a voice as soft.

“I will stand for him.
I will take his place.
I have bled for him.
I have seen his face.

“Beyond Your chamber door, O King of All,
have I seen this man’s name written in your
holy book. Beyond Your great chamber door,
which was torn in twain, broken from the wall,
have I seen this man’s saving grace in You
when I looked into the mirror and gazed
at the body that was broken and raised!
Great Lord, I willingly gave my life to
Become The Way, The Truth, and The Life in
You, Holy God, thereby defeating sin!”

The silence in the courtroom deepens more
As the Judge’s full presence fills the floor.
He speaks, “Truly this is why I sent you!
That love might enter this room today through
He who has sacrificed all to this end!”
Then, a flash, as my soul begins to mend.
My dirty and blood streaked robes fall away.
I am clothed in white again on this day!
I turn and see that gate swing open more;
The praises rise as I walk through Your door.

Because He stood for me.
Because He took my place.
Because He bled for me.
Because he saw the face
Of my soul.
Because He paid the price
I live for You today Lord Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?