<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004


CPE Interviews

Had one CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) Interview yesterday at Lutherean General Hospital and it went well, I thought. I don't get very intimidated during interviews like some folks do, so I guess I always think they go well. This morning I am suppossed to have another one at Evanston Northwestern Hospital, but there was some confusion as to the time of my appointment, so now I have to wait here for a phone call and miss Morning Prayer at Seabury. If I don't hear from them soon I am going to leave and go to class.

For those of you who may not know, CPE is an experience I am required to have over the summer as part of my formation for Christian ministry. In short, I will be a Chaplain at a hospital and will have all the duties thereof. Parts of it excite me very much and parts of it I know will be extremely difficult and painful. As per usual with me, I just wish this selection process were over and I knew where I was going to do it. I hate this waiting and choosing process, for everything. But, such is life.

Haven't heard back from U. of Chicago Hospital yet and Northwestern Memorial just plain wrote me off without speaking to me. Though they were rude in a letter they wrote me and exceptionally rude to one of my classmates who was actually granted an interview, so I'm thinking its no big loss. Suppose I ought to get dressed.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?