<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004


Busy Day

Just got home from a busy but good day. Actually, it began on a relaxed note - I discovered on Thursday mornings I don't have class and so can actually enjoy a cup of coffee while reading my homework in the Great Orange Throne of Victory, the best place to do so. When I got to school I picked out my costume for the Boar's Head Festival (a medieval festival that is rumored to be pretty raucous when celebrated at Seabury) which entails a brown tunic and a light tan vest (I am a common server). Class (Spirituality for Ministry) was good this afternoon and my workout following class was equally as good. I've read up on tricep exercises and dips are above and beyond rated one of the best, so I tried doing several sets of those. I accomplished my three sets but it was tough. I'll keep on those for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Then, tonight I served as a torchbearer for the community Eucharist. I was signed up to be the crucifer, but when I arrived it was decided it would look bad to have a crucifer as short as me with a torchbearer as tall as one of the other acolytes. This was pretty irritating as I was called and asked what I would like to do - plus, I don't think God much cares about aesthitics. But, I served as I was so called, and it was a good service nonetheless. This was followed by a brief community dinner and then Copeland graciously invited me to his room for a Scotch. Turns out he invited several people and we had a wonderful discussion and just some good ole fellowship (or, in non-churchy lingo, hanging out time). Now I have to do a little reading before taking control of the reigns of Wake Forest (no doubt to lose, as the game is fairly realistic!) in my newly purchased football game for the PS2.

Peace!

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?