<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 22, 2003


Whirlwind weekend

After a whirlwind weekend, I am back safe and sound in Fort Myers. Lunch on Thursday with Millie was wonderful, but who could expect anything less? She is up in Indiana right now visiting her father and will return the same day I go back to Chicago, so its too bad that didn't coincide better. But, she will be up there for a while over the summer and we plan to get together sometime. The wedding was wonderful - Mark and Amanda looked great and were, of course, very happy. It was also awesome to see everyone again - some brothers were there whom I'd not seen in forever, like Bloom, so that was great. Of course it was excellent to hang out with Hudd, Mason, and Bob. Though, now that Hudd is also married, I found myself in a dilemma. Can I still call him Hudd without confusing his wife? Rebecca said that was fine, that she did not answer to "Hudd" anymore than she answered to "Fish". Phew! I didn't know what to do for a second there. Brother Drew had the comment of the weekend though when he remarked, "Mark's having his wedding reception in a room I always associated with vaccines!" For the WFU un-initiated, the reception was in Benson 401, a multi-purpose room at Wake where the flu shot is administered each year. But the best event of the weekend (most of you will have no idea what this is about), aside from the wedding, was watching Mason's face as I hit the cheese, for the second time in that game, to bring my total game score to 2550! I broke the previous top score (also by me) by 500 points! That ought to (see Hudd, I used it in the blog) frustrate him for a while!! Victory is mine! Moreover, I was extremely honored to be able to chauffeur Mark and Amanda from the wedding to the reception site and from there to their hotel for the evening. Thanks guys, that meant a lot to me. The drive back to FL was exhausting, as per usual (12.5 hrs), which I began at 5am in order to make the families' (the 5 Families of Fort Myers...lol) annual Christmas party. But, it was worth it as the party, also as per usual, was lovely and loads of fun. Tonight I am off to watch the basketball games at the City of Palm's Classic Tournament and catch the slam dunk contest! Then, tomorrow I leave for my grandmother's in Ocala for Christmas and won't be back for a while, so this blog will be silent. Until then, go see the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, rent the film "Equilbrium", read any Umberto Eco novel, and have a Merry Christmas, one and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?