<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 06, 2003


Papers, Projects and Coffee, O my!

Long ago I discovered a neat trick: if you sincerly think a particular thought as you are falling asleep, you will arise in the morn with that same thought in the forefront of your mind, oftentimes compelling you to action. So, last night, as I was falling asleep, I kept motivating myself to get into a serious working frame of mind. This morning when I woke up, sure enough, I was filled with the fire of serious academics and hunkered right down after breakfast to being work on my papers and projects. Now, I have finished my Music project and plan on writing my Gospel Mission paper this evening, hopefully having time to perfect my perfect paragraph in the afternoon with the helpful hints of Cate Wallace. The OT paper still looms large, but I'm saving that for tomorrow, as it requires more time than the others.

My keyboarding skills get better with each time I practice. My ability to look at notes on sheet music and recognize to which keys they refer is getting better and I am able to do it faster now. My fingers move with blazing speed - ok, not blazing speed, but faster that a tortoise - and sounds are filling my apartment that closely resemble hymns and Christmas songs. Timing is still tough, but gets better each time too. Over Christmas I hope to have David (the music director at St. Hilary's) teach me how to play chords and how to use the left hand as well as the right.

In irritating news, the dry cleaners seems to have lost one of my favorite shirts. Thats exactly the type of thing that furrows my brow and puts me in a bad mood. Its really just ridiculous. Ah well...

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?