<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2003


Gift of the Magi

So, after receiving my keys back yesterday, I was quite excited to open my mailbox and see all the goodies I had received. To my dismay, but not total shock, it was mostly bills and unsolicited mailings. However, among this stock there was a letter from the ladies of the Episcopal Church Women's group at St. Michael's of All Angels, on Sanibel, FL. I was perplexed as to about what they were writing me, having never really had any contact with any of them. Nor have I ever attended services at All Angels, but I certainly have heard of it before, living practically right around the corner. So, you can imagine my surprise when I open it up to find a brief letter reading: "Dear Ryan, Please find enclosed a check to help with your seminary expenses. Your Sister in Christ, Jane Adams, ECW Treasurer" I looked at the check which had fallen out and almost fell out myself - $1000.00!!!

How do they know me? Who was behind this most generous of gifts? So many questions...
Nonetheless, I was and am quite pleased as you can imagine!!! Confused, but thankful. Praise be God for the generosity of the ECW of St. Michael and All Angels on Sanibel, FL.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?