<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 11, 2003


End of the Quarter

Well, I've made it to the end of my first quarter of seminary, and I still seem to be alive. Through heresy after heresy (those presented in AKMA's class, not ones committed by students or faculty) I have come to this time. The final exam in History of Christian Life and Thought today was not as bad as I thought it would be - I usually get overly nervous though. So, now all that is left to do is to hand in a paper tomorrow for Gospel Mission and then I'm outta here! Luckily, the paper is written and ready to go. So, tonight, I intend on engaging in the fifteenth century art of fiddle-farting around.

Before I do though, I want to do a couple of important things: 1) I would like to make amends and acknowledge Lacy, an old friend of mine, as one of my new readers as well. (Fair warning - her site is a bit different from mine.) She was feeling sad I failed to mention her. Lacy, by the by, what is your new last name?

Secondly, as has been my custom for a while now, I would like to review the term via humorous quotes, of which I have kept a record:

"I didn't like the sermon today, so I came up with this new play." -Frank Yamada, on football

"Well.......lets just have fun guys." -Frank Yamada, in the third quarter of every Seabury Saint's football game

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world today. Those that understand binary and those that don't." -AKMA

"Tackiness is not grounds for worship." -AKMA

"Let's not talk anymore about the 21st century because, in my opinion, you can pick a better century out of a hat!" -AKMA

"You impenitent swine may make chestnuts feel frigid for all eternity!" -AKMA (boy, he was quotable)

"I'll go so far as to say that's a damnable sin!" -Mitch Smith, on any number of occassions.

"Why would you put a newspaper on it when it's clearly a sword?" -Danny Harris, on the subject of library style wooden newspaper holders

"I'd claim you for my son." -Carol Meredith, in one of the nicest compliments I've received so far this year

"How'd ya like walking on water?" -Twyla Zittle, in reference to my almost busting my ass on a patch of ice


I probably won't blog tomorrow as I'll be packing and leaving for Florida for the Christmas break, so in case I don't see or talk with you before then, everyone have a blessed and Merry Christmas!

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?