<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 04, 2003


All things are possible through Him who strengthens me...

And one of those things, hopefully, will be my learning the piano. I've found I've a desire to learn the piano while taking my music class this semester and Andrew, my teacher (the most patient, kind-hearted, gentle-spirited man) has really been an encouragement. I've gotten to the point now where I can pick out melody line from the Hymnal on the piano, but I need to learn chords somehow now. Yesterday I bought a keyboard, so I could practice at will, but need to figure out someway I can learn chords, finger placement, hand movement, that sort of thing, so that I can practice properly.

Yesterday also was a special day for chapel. We celebrated the Kirkan o' the Tartans, a Scottish celebratory Eucharistic, with a remembrance of the dead. In a word, it was AWESOME! There was a bagpiper, and you really can't go wrong there. Several members of the community showed up in kilts, two of which were dressed in the complete highland garb, including boot daggers! The sermon was delivered by a bonafide Scot and was quite good! The music was incredible, especially Amazing Grace, which had many members of the community in tears. So powerful, so awesome! I loved it! (I must admit though, upon first hearing the bagpipes, I was waiting for the drums and guitars of the Dropkick Murphy's to kick in!)

It is suppossed to snow today, we'll see how that goes. Still trading phone messages with Millie - yesterday her's was nothing more that a chuckle followed by the words, "This is getting ridiculous!" I agree. We need telepathy.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?