<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 07, 2003


TGIF

The beginning of this week began rather slow, but the pace picked up as the week went on and whaddaya know, now its Friday afternoon! Class this morning (Gospel Mission)was good; we heard from David Gortner, back from Paternity leave. I've a feeling I should like to take a couple of his classes once this institution lets me pick my own. He seems to be interested ina number of things I am also interested in, namely youth ministry and multi-faith dialogue and action.

This afternoon I went to the gym and had a good workout. Yet, it's just not the same without Mason or Beal there to lift with.

Just finished making a Jerk marinade for supper tonight. I've decided it takes absolutely no talent at all to cook bad, very little talent to cook well, and a tremendous amount of talent to cook really well. I'm at the cooking well stage; you just have to follow directions and can get as fancy as you want! Easy as pie, though, I've not attempted pie yet. Tonight's menu: Jamaican Jerk Pork, Butter noodles, mixed veggies, and maybe some Butter Pecan ice cream for dessert. And of course, home brewed sweet tea! You can take the boy out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the boy.

Don Sharritt called this morning, finally, with some more details about the speaking engagement he's asked me to be a part of. Every year the Boy Scouts Southwest Florida Councilhost a "DIstinguished Citizen's Award Banquet" at the Registry in Naples, FL. About five years ago, I was honored to be the Boy Scout speaker on the topic of what Scouting means to me and got to introduce Senator Connie Mack. Now, as an Eagle Scout, Don has asked me back to give a talk on how Scouting has helped shape me into the person I am today. Should be a good time, as always, and if we get to sit with the Hughes', it'll no doubt be an hysterical time!

Tonight for Gospel Mission we will be regathering at Seabury to watch Memento, a great film! I look forward to seeing what some of the seminarians' various takes on it are, as it can be a pretty disturbing movie. Not to say any of them are softies, but not all of them may be prepared for this type of film. Afterwards, I hope to be able to go out with some fraternity brothers, Hoit, Jives, and Hinson. Hinson is in town for the Global Student Entreprenuers Awards Conference, where we all hope his and Willhiot's business venture wins the grand prize! They have already won several regional and district awards, but tommorow's prize is worth $10G!! As Hinson is my little bro, I'd expect him to buy me a drink if he won, after all, I worked hard for him many a time!

Guess that's about all for now, other than to say I am pleasantly surprised by the number of people who know about my blog already, and I've hardly told anyone! Love getting those comments folks and I look forward to many great discussions. Just a note though, even though now I know I am "being watched", I'll not censor myself if I have something to say!

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?