<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 14, 2003


Struck by the Word

As a seminarian, I have the opportunity to worship three times a day, five days a week with the Seabury community. I don't make it to all of those, but I do attend Morning Prayer and the Eucharist each day, and go to Evening Prayer on Tuesdays. This much worship time involves hearing Holy Scripture read a lot, which is a good thing. Unfortunately a side effect of this is that it can become common place; there is a challenge to hear God's word anew each day, and not to let it become just one more thing we do in our day.

Today was an exception to the hum-drum. The reading from this morning's Eucahrist struck me as a thunderbolt. In this time of - and I shrink from this word - discernment, today's lesson really spoke to me. The reading was from the Gospel of John, chapter 16. The particular verses which impacted me were 12 and 13:

  • "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth."


  • I heard in this, "Be patient. I will guide you. Trust in me. I love you."

    Words I desperately needed to hear today.

    -R


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?