<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003


Sources of Ire

I have but a few minutes before I go to my next class (History of Christian Life and Thought I). Today has been a frustrating day so far - in class this morning I sat next to a classmate who uses AOL Instant Messenger while in class! This has been going on among three or four folks in the class for some time and is really the most annoying, disrespectful, and immature behavior. We are in graduate school now, so theoretically we should give a damn about what's being said in class, by both the professor and our classmates. Moreover, I was shocked to see that they, at one point, were talking about me and not in a good way! During the class, which was Old Testament I, the lights flickered on and off several times. I joked, "See, that's what happens when you go around messin' with the Bible!" So, IMer 1 said to IMer 2, "Ryan said this..." and Imer 2 replied, "Leave it to Ryan to come up with an interpretation like that." I saw all this happening, it was being typed right next to me! I am almost at my breaking point with this issue; something will have to be done. Worst of all, they pipe up every once in a while with some flippant remark pulled out of their ass, just so they can be marked down as having made a response! Some don't even do the assigned reading. I'll be the first to admit I don't always get the assigned reading completely finished, but I make a serious attempt. I cannot say the same for some of my classmates. And they're to be priests one day, leading a congregation??

Then, this afternoon, I worked on my Liturgy project with my group. We have a 15 minute liturgy to plan and some people seemed like we were assigned to plan the liturgy of all liturgies, to be used from now on, throughout the ages! We're making mountains out of molehills people!

All of this on top of the fact that today is November 4 - two years ago today one of my dear friends was killed in a car accident. So, today, I am missing Drew. It was difficult during the Eucharist because for a communion hymn we sang a song that had as its refrain, "Do this in remembrance", and I had a hard time thinking about Jesus, when who I am really remembering today, with sorrow and joy, is my friend Drew. Call it sacrilege if you will, but my emotion was real.

Well, now it is time for me to go and hear the results of my Disputatio. Until next time,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?