<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 16, 2003


The Revolution Endeth

Well, I just came back from viewing The Matrix Revolutions. On the whole, a decent movie, but an unsatisfactory conclusion to a great series. The battle sequences were simply some of the best sci-fi battle sequences I've ever seen. I found myself getting quite caught up in the action and felt a real sense of despair with the characters. The plot line though seemed to jump around a bit too much, like they were trying real hard to be too mystical. You shouldn't introduce new terms and characters in the last of a trilogy. The series as a whole remains wonderful and, well, awesome. I just wish the writing had been up to par to match the cinematography and action of this, the final film.

Now, the previews looked awesome as well. Lots of good looking movies coming out! The Last Samurai, Shrek 2, and The Missing all look entertaining. But, most exciting of all, coming out for my birthday, Troy. I must remember to re-read the Iliad before that, but that is one of the best stories of all time! The only thing that makes me skeptical is Brad Pitt is starring as Achilles - I need to recall that I have enjoyed every movie he's been in, and have even applauded him for his acting. There is just something about him that doesn't say Achilles to me. Who knows, we'll see. I look forward to it though.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?