<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003


Neat. A blog.

I find myself being drawn into this new culture of bloggings, though I once vowed never to do so. Much like my promise to never read Harry Potter, the results were different that expected. I don't know who reads these things, if anyone at all, but it is a good way for me to get my thoughts down "on paper".

A brief introduction to me, should you not already know me: I am 22 years old, born in Fort Myers, Florida, a recent graduate of Wake Forest University in North Carolina, now a seminarian and postulant for Priest in the Episcopal Church living in Chicago, IL attending Seabury-Western Theological Seminary. I grew up Episcopalian, a so-called "cradle" Episcopalian, and love the church. Though we are going through a time of strife right now, I believe God will pull us through safely. It is particularly difficult for me because I am more conservative than I am liberal (though I hate the labels) and find myself in a seminary more liberal than moderate. Conservatism is right out! So, I imagine over the course of these postings that you, the reader, will be hearing much more about that.

I love to read, all kinds of books, fiction as well as non-fiction, and so am always interested in what others are reading. In the spirit of sharing, I will try to always post the books I am reading at the moment. Usually I have a few going at one time.

Currently I am reading Ship of Destiny, by Robin Hobb, as well as Telling the Truth: The Gospel as Comedy, Tragedy, and Fairy Tale, by Frederick Buechner. I will spare you the litany of books I am reading in class, unless one is particularly noteworthy. So far, I don't recommend any of them to anyone not in Seminary.

That will be enough for now - after all, this one is really only a test to see how it comes out.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?