<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003


Lazy days...

I am thoroughly enjoying these lazy days of sitting around reading and watching television! I have work to do for school, but it doesn't seem quite pressing, so I attack it non-chalantly and whittle it down as the week goes on. A far cry from the furious pace of life in Chicago. Another thing I am enjoying tremendously is cheap movie tickets. In Chicago they have an idea that $8 is a cheap movie ticket! Well, that's just ridiculous! So far I've taken advantage of our $5.50 ticket price and seen "Gothika", which was good but with an unsatisfactory ending, and "Master and Commander" which was excellent and only weakened by its limited scope! The action scenes were wonderful and the storm were utterly terrifying!

I popped into the Outback the other night when I was in the neighborhood because I recalled Lindsey worked there now, so I thought to surprise her. And I did, it was hilarious! We went out afterward for a drink and had a nice time catching up with one another.

It was also most pleasant to worship again at St. Hilary's! The pacing was familiar, I didn't have to read the service music as I knew it in my heart, the sermon was of a normal length (that is, long enough to actually develop a thought and not just paraphrase Lesser Feasts and Fasts), and the Eucharistic Prayer was out of the '79 prayer book. Coffee hour was great for catching up with everyone, who were all very curious about seminary and the city of Chicago.

It was sad though, as this was the last Sunday for Page and Deacon Henderson. Deacon Henderson was re-assigned to Epiphany in Cape Coral, and they begin to attend and minister there next week. The Henderson's have been members of St. Hilary's for 22 years and I grew up and have remained great friends with their daughter Katie. Page, Suzie, and Katie have always been great friends and influences in my life and I will miss worshipping with them. However, it's not like they're leaving the state, just going across the river, so I can still stop off at their house over the holidays and chat. Likely trade books with Page too! Always a pleasure!

Just got off the phone with Aunt Ann - very good to talk with her, which is something I don't do too often. Guess that's about all for now. I'm anticipating Griffin getting home tonight so we can talk and catch up!

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?